Specializing in Historic Troy Properties, Rensselaer County and Hudson Gateway
Communities of Cohoes, Watervliet, Green Island.
2003 - present
Broker - Berkshire Hathaway Blake Realtors
Award - 2004
Circle Award each year 2005 & 2009
President's Circle Award - 2014
Star Society - 2013
Awards - 2008 - 2011
Commercial Salesman - 2005 & 2012
Commercial Industrial Real Estate Board 2010
Presidents Circle National Award 2014
1996 - 2003 City of Troy New York
- Deputy Mayor for the City
of Troy NY pop. 50,000.
- Administrative responsibility for the
Departments of Public Works, Water, Sewer, Recreation, Planning, Code
Enforcement, Engineering, Economic Development. Management responsibility
for all City buildings, vehicles, capital projects and budgets.
- Supervised over 250 employees and a
$21 million budget.
- Secured millions of dollars in federal
and state grants including programs for: road construction, marina
development, brownfield redevelopment, park improvements, historic
preservation, enhanced code enforcement, water and sewer repair, long term
planning and economic development.
- This is a high visibility position
requiring extensive interaction with community, business,political
leaders, clients and constituents. I have an excellent reputation as a
professional manager and a "hands on" administrator - a team
Center for Economic Growth, Albany, New York
- Vice President, Community Development
- Regional non-profit economic
development agency supporting "smart growth" and job creation in
the eight county Capital Region of New York State.
- Served as Director of the Center's
Development Council dealing in issues of land use management and
encouraging pro-growth development regulations. This required a considerable
amount of public presentation both written and verbal.
- Provided staff support to the
President and CEG Board in the debate to have CDTA assume management of
the Albany County Airport.
Schenectady County, Schenectady, New York
- Assistant to the County Manager
- Administered the County Employment and
Training Program. Reorganized the CETA program and staff to meet federal
program criteria and improve effectiveness.
- Provided assistance to the County
Manager in a variety of public policy issues and programs.
Contact Jim Conroy at Berkshire Hathaway Blake, Realtors® for all your Commercial real estate needs!
- Oakwood Cemetery Board of Directors
- CCHS Board of Trustees
- Treasurer, Troy Area United Misistries
- Member, St. Peter's Health Partners Foundation Board of Directors
- Former Deputy Mayor City of Troy
- Former Schenectady City Council Member
- Former Schenectady Council Board of
- Member Rensselaer Chamber of Commerce
Economic Development Committee